Office Systems Instructor, Full-time Temporary
Kishwaukee College is not currently accepting applications for this position.
Dean, Career Technologies
• Teach day and/or evening office systems courses, including online, hybrid, and classroom delivery. Potential course load may include classes in keyboarding, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation graphics, database, desktop publishing, business accounting, and office procedures.
• Maintain liaisons with office systems industry organizations and employers and keep informed of current trends and developments in the industry.
• Perform course-related and departmental assignments, including advising students, assisting in curriculum development, and maintaining labs.
• Attend required college and Advisory Committee meetings and engage in staff development activities for new faculty.
Fall 2012 semester from August 22, 2012 to December 21, 2012; with possibility of renewal for Spring 2013 semester.
• Bachelor’s (B.S.) degree in business education or a related field.
• A minimum of three years of related on-the-job experience.
• Computer skills with Office 2010 and Internet experience.
• Academic teaching or industry training experience.
• Experience with online and hybrid teaching.
• Personal qualities: organized, team attitude, good communication skills, exceptional work ethic, and willingness to work with students in a non-classroom setting.
• Understanding of and commitment to community college mission and student success.
Anticipated Salary Range:
$19,500 for one semester ($39,000 for academic year).
Please submit (preferably in one complete packet; no back to back print and no staples), an Application form (www.kishwaukeecollege.edu/employment); current résumé; copies of all transcripts (official copies required upon hire); a separate listing of contact information for three (3) professional references; and a cover letter that addresses: (a) your teaching philosophy (b) contributions you can make to the OS department (c) how you would utilize your industry and educational experiences in an academic setting to:
21193 Malta Road
Malta, IL 60150
Application forms are available in the Business Office or download from the College website. (available in PDF or Word format)
Review of applications will begin June 1, 2012, and will continue until the position is filled.
If you have specific questions about the position, please , Dean, Career Technologies or call 815-825-2086, ext. 2960.
If you are a qualified applicant with a disability needing reasonable accommodations to ensure an equal opportunity in applying for this position, please contact
Kishwaukee College celebrates, values, and affirms a diverse workforce and enthusiastically encourages persons from diverse groups to apply.