Click below to view:
Support for Active Duty and Veteran Students
The Financial Aid/Veterans Affairs Office will provide assistance and enrollment certification for veterans who wish to use their military and G I Bill benefits at Kishwaukee College.
*The Illinois Veterans Grant (IVG) is the only veterans program available to students enrolled in the Aviation (AVF) program. This program is NOT eligible for monthly GI Bill benefits.
What programs are available at Kishwaukee College?
Programs include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Montgomery G.I. Bill (Chapter 30)
- Post 9/11 Montgomery G.I. Bill (Chapter 33)
- Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1606)
- REAP – Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607)
- Veterans Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 32)
- Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)
- Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance (Chapter 35)
- Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP)
State of Illinois Programs:
- Illinois Veterans Grant (IVG)
- Illinois National Guard Grant (ING) – applied for on a yearly basis online at
- Illinois MIA/POW Scholarship
How do I apply?
- Applicants must complete the necessary VA forms available at the Financial Aid Office or online through the VA's VONAPP website.
- Proof of your military service record and official transcripts for all previous college work must be submitted.
- Proof of birth, marriage and divorce certificates is required for certain veteran programs.
- Eligible veterans must complete an enrollment certification request form for each term that they would like to use their benefits. Enrollment certifications request forms are available at the Financial Aid Office or they can be downloaded by clicking the link below.
Where can I find help?
Contact LaVerna Lyons in the Financial Aid/Veterans Affairs C2150, 815-825-2086, ext. 2240.
United States Department of Veterans Affairs http://www.gibill.va.gov/