How to apply for financial aid
Students must apply for financial aid every year using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA becomes available October 1 each year for the upcoming school year.
- Apply as soon after October 1 as possible to ensure you meet all deadlines.
- The 2017-18 FAFSA cycle began Oct 1, 2016. This application will ask for the 2015 tax and income information.
- The 2018-19 FAFSA cycle begins Oct 1, 2017. The 2018-19 FAFSA application will ask for the 2016 tax and income information.
- Obtain an FSA ID for the student and the parent (if a dependent student) in order to sign and submit your FAFSA.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Option on the FAFSA for parent and student to ensure a speedier process.
- Use actual figures from your federal 1040 tax form, if the IRS Data Retrieval Tool is unavailable to you. If you do not have copies of your tax forms, you can request a copy from the IRS.
- Round up figures to the nearest dollar.
- Answer questions referring to the "school year" as the year July 1 through June 30.
- Answer enrollment plans according to your first choice college or university.
- How to transfer parent information onto multiple FAFSA's.
Kishwaukee College Title IV Aid Code: 007684